About the Event
The JYJ ANNUAL 5K RUN/WALK aims to teach kids about the benefits of making healthy lifestyle choices.
The JYJ 5K and the Classroom Challenge are the PTA’s two spring fundraisers! The PTA uses the money we bring in from these events in two ways:
This year’s campus improvement project is really exciting. We are raising money to create a safer softscape play space with enhanced play equipment and a rooftop terrace garden behind the school.
Last year, the 5K had over 500 race participants. This year, we need your help to get even more participants to join in on the fun as we do our first optional Color Lane.
For those that wish to participate, runners and walkers in the Color Lane will be doused from chest to toe in different colors at the color station. Participants wear white at the starting line and finish the race plastered in color.
Since the Greenway is under construction, this year's 5K Run/Walk will be at Dorothea Dix Park and is the grand finale event of our month-long Healthy Choice Marathon, which celebrates healthy minds and bodies by encouraging students to read, eat well and exercise daily.
Contact Katie Catlin with questions or if you would like to volunteer for this event. Catlin.email@example.com or 714-914-3088
Pre-Race Packet Pick-Up and Onsite Registration
- When: Saturday, May 18th, 1-4 p.m.
- Where: Omega Sports – North Hills (near Ben & Jerry’s and movie theater)
- Pre-race packet pick-up will begin promptly at 1 p.m., not before.
- You can only pick up race packets for your family – no exceptions.
- We have ordered a limited number of extra t-shirts for families who missed the t-shirt deadline.
- These shirts are first come, first served. We are unable to exchange shirt sizes. Onsite registration will accept cash or check only.
Race Day Packet Pickup
- When: Sunday, May 19th, 12:30-1:45 p.m.
- Where: Dorothea Dix Park
- You may only pick up race packets for your family.
- We are unable to exchange shirt sizes.
- There will also be a short window for race day registration. Cash or check only.
Race Day Activities
- 12:30 p.m. – Race day registration and packet pickup begin. Cash or check only.
- 1:00 p.m. — Race day activities open
- 1:30 p.m. – Kid warm-up by race sponsor 12th State CrossFit
- 1:45 p.m. – Race announcements and COLOR PACKET TOSS!
- 2:00 p.m. – Race starts!
- 4:00 p.m. – Event ends
- There are no restrooms available along the race route. Portapotties will be set-up at the race entrance and finish line.
- We do not allow scooters on the course. Strollers and wheelchairs are allowed.
- Water will be available along the route for race participants. There will also be water and fruit available for participants as they cross the finish line.
- Parking information – Dorothea Dix Park has a few entrances. Head to the Western Blvd entrance and you will see volunteers to guide you to our parking area. The park will be baracaded off for the safety of our kids and race particpants. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO LEAVE DIX PARK UNTIL THE LAST PARTICIPANT CROSSES THE FINISH LINE. IF YOU NEED TO LEAVE EARLY, PLEASE PARK OUTSIDE THE PARK AND WALK TO THE REGISTRATION AREA. IF YOU NEED TO DO THIS, PLEASE PLAN ON A 10 MINUTE WALK TO AND FROM REGISTRATION.